Applications are closed for 2018-19 award year. Check back in Fall 2019 for information regarding the next award cycle.
Thanks to the generous offerings of its parishioners, the Memorial Church is proud to support the work of non-profit charity organizations that serve the communities of the Greater Boston Area through its Community Grants Program.
Applications are reviewed and evaluated by members of the Memorial Church Grants Committee — made up of church parishioners, Harvard students, faculty, and staff. Applicants are contacted personally by a designated committee member to review their application in relation to the Committee’s funding priorities. The Grants Committee evaluates requests for support with regard to the following criteria:
- Grants are to be made for projects and programs providing creative solutions to specific social and community problems.
- The Committee prefers to support organizations that do not receive substantial funds from established funding agencies but excludes no group from consideration.
- In awarding grants, the Committee first considers organizations in the local community, then those in surrounding areas, then throughout the Commonwealth and the region.
- The Committee is especially interested in programs that involve Harvard University students in community outreach, but does not exclude others from consideration.
- It is essential to keep in mind that the Committee makes grants for specific purposes rather than for general operating expenses. Grants for salary and staffing costs are rare.
- Consideration may be given to those groups that did not receive an award in the past year.
- Organizations are encouraged to submit applications for funding regardless of religious affiliation (or lack thereof).
All applicants must provide proof that they are a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Click here to access the online application.
- The application cannot be saved and must be completed in one sitting. Please consult the paper application form below to have all necessary material ready.
Grant decisions are made by the end of April each year.
|application guidelines_2018-2019.pdf||0 bytes|
|Grants committee awardees 2017-2018.pdf||90 KB|