Applications for the 2015–16 programming year must received by January 15, 2016 at the following address:
The Memorial Church
1 Harvard Yard
Cambridge, MA 02138
Thanks to the generous offerings of its parishioners, the Memorial Church is proud to support the work of non-profit charity organizations that serve the communities of the Greater Boston Area through its Community Grants Program.
Applications are reviewed and evaluated by members of the Memorial Church Grants Committee — made up of church parishioners, Harvard students, faculty, and staff. Applicants are contacted personally by a designated committee member to review their application in relation to the Committee’s funding priorities. The Grants Committee evaluates requests for support with regard to the following criteria:
- Grants are to be made for projects and programs providing creative solutions to specific social and community problems.
- The Committee prefers to support organizations that do not receive substantial funds from established funding agencies but excludes no group from consideration.
- In awarding grants, the Committee first considers organizations in the local community, then those in surrounding areas, then throughout the Commonwealth and the region.
- The Committee is especially interested in programs that involve Harvard University students in community outreach, but does not exclude others from consideration.
- It is essential to keep in mind that the Committee makes grants for specific purposes rather than for general operating expenses. Grants for salary and staffing costs are rare.
- Consideration may be given to those groups that did not receive an award in the past year.
- Organizations are encouraged to submit applications for funding regardless of religious affiliation (or lack thereof).
All applicants must provide proof that they are a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
|Letter from the Grants Committee 2015-16||175 KB|
|Application Guidelines 2015-16||91 KB|
|Application 2015-16||85 KB|