Join Professor Jonathan L. Walton for one last Bible Study of Spring Term. The discussion will focus on the Historical Jesus — please see questions for discussion below. All are welcome.
1. Calling him "Jesus of Nazareth" was considered an insult--why?
2. He's described as a carpenter, but where did he work?
3. Why is the destruction of the temple so important in the creation of the narrative of Christ (and the people who began writing about it)?
4. How does he go from Jesus THE Christ to Jesus Christ?
5. And what might all of these questions have to do with the global superrich plutocracy in contemporary times?